Thought Horizon has recently become the world’s only full-service social selling solution. Traditionally, we provided training, strategy and content marketing services. We are now announcing the debut of our new social selling tool.
Why would a services company like Thought Horizon build a software tool? After all, our social strategies are responsible for bringing together marketing and sales around social selling and Micro-Content Marketing.™
How can a new software tool matter? Especially when there are so many tools available to b2b marketers today?
About 2 years ago, I began my first enterprise social selling engagement for a national brand. My job was to build the program from the ground up. It included content, strategy and sales training. With about 1,000 sales professionals, I quickly learned that in order to succeed, I needed to leverage tools to help me.
Social Advocacy tools made perfect sense. These tools were the intersection of Micro-Content Marketing™ and Sales. We needed an efficient way to provide specific content to Sales that they could then share with their personal networks. We also needed to measure Sales’ social behavior.
However, these advocacy tools had some shocking deficiencies:
1. They were more focused on overall employee advocacy — not helping sales professionals with social selling.
2. The tools did not help marketing create or curate relevant articles. The tools simply assumed that Marketing could figure all that out on their own.
3. The tools were expensive. Companies paid high setup charges and were stuck with the tool, monthly payments and a headache over how to get the value out of their investments.
These are the deficiencies we set out to correct with our new tool.
1. Our social selling tool focuses solely on providing content and metrics for Sales. We aren’t trying to turn Marni in accounting or Jose in HR into ‘assets’ for sharing content. That’s just silly. We want to help the people the company employs to sell things to do just that.
2. Our social selling tool is integrated into our content strategy and content creation/curation services. We bring our experience in tailoring content to buyer personas and targeted vertical markets along with the algorithms for when and how much to post. Customers never have to worry about who is going to provide the needed content because it is part of the package.
3. Speaking of part of the package, the cost for our tool will be free when included with our services. After our services are no longer needed, clients can use the tool as long as they want.
Look for more information in the coming weeks on our new social selling tool. We’ll be introducing our new level of intelligence into the world of b2b social selling for the general public soon.